Our checklist includes all you need for swimming, biking and running through your competition plus optional gear.
We all know that we need a lot of gear for a triathlon competition, so we recommend all our athletes to make their own checklists, so their secure to remember everything on race day. We recommend to start packing all the gear in good time, so you not miss anything on race day.
You should always have tested your gear before race day. Don’t bring new and untested gear to race day. Test your bike the day before check-in and check your tri-suit, shoes, energy etc. in the time leading up to the event. Remember you have a lot of opportunities to test your gear through your training. You have trained so much for the specific event, so not testing the gear would be stupid. The most important for race day is that you have a fantastic day, so keep in mind that everything you can do before the event is valuable on race day, so you can keep the focus on the race.
BEFORE THE RACE
- Training clothes and ekstra shoes
- Energy products
- Towel to the transition zone
- Toilet paper
- Big bag for wet clothes if you don’t get one at the event.
- GPS watch and heartrate monitor
- Tape, rubber band and safety pins
- Transition zone map and a paper with important notes for the event
- Bag for all the equipment (if you don’t get one at the event=
- License and registration papers for check-in (Raceinfo)
DURING THE RACE
- Tri-suit (or tights and top)
- Googles and an extra pair of back-up googles.
- Swim cap and an extra back-up swim cap
- Earplugs and nose clip (If you use it)
- Bath oil, Vaseline, bodyglide etc.
- Timing chip and Velcro
- Flip flops to use before the start
- Race belt and start number
- Bike helmet
- Bike shoes
- Bottles + Energy (Gels, saltsticks, bars etc.)
- Cycling gloves
- Tire levers
- Pump (+ CO2 patron)
- Extra tubes
- Opt. Rubber band for the bike shoes
- Opt. strips / tape
- Running shoes
- Cap or visor
- Extra socks or compression-socks
- Race belt with start number (if you don’t have it from the bike part)
AFTER THE RACE
- Clean clothes (maybe some warm clothes)
- Compressions socks
- Opt. Protein shake/bar or some food and drinks if you don’t get it at the race venue.